All industries are exposed to an exploding series of innovations and medicine and healthcare are not exempted. As other industries are redesigning their strategies and structures, we must understand that redesigning healthcare will take a lot of time and efforts.
In the years to come, all of us will realize that the ideal structure of the medical ecosystem will focus on the patients. They will become equal partners with medical professionals. They will be the center of attention of healthcare institutions and decision makers. This is the scenario that we will be faced with in the future and medical technology will play an important role.
The future of the field of medicine must not be shrugged off. It should be meticulously and consciously redesigned piece by piece.
Main Trends that will Shape the Future of Medicine
- Which stage of healthcare service delivery and medicine practice will be affected by advance medical technology? The most identifiable stage is the Prevention and Preparation Stage. This will involve data input and diagnosis, therapy and follow-up and results and consequences.
- Will it affect the patients or healthcare professionals? Of course it will affect the patients. They are the recipients of the new medical technologies. Will they be open and accepting of the new changes? How do we prepare them? As to healthcare professional, that would mean new learning more studies and trainings. It would mean investing more time and money.
- How practical would these advanced medical technologies? Some of them are already available and used by most medical professionals. Some of them are still in the development stage. Still some of them needs more study and time to make it effective and efficient.
How to Prepare for Advance Medical Technology
- Both patient and medical professional must be up-to-date on digital methods. All of us must embrace digital methods openly and comfortably. We must be trusting that these new techniques can make our lives easier and our work more efficient.
- Try to look at examples and trends that is not related to medicine and find out if it is successfully working. Analyse trends and try to visualize them in the future.
- Never forget that the role played by digital in our lives can never replace human touch. This is always the key to a sound and intimate relationship between doctor and patient.