Medical technology is a branch of health technology. It involves a wide range of healthcare products that are used to diagnose illnesses, monitor and treat diseases and other medical conditions that are affecting people. These technologies are applications of medical science. They are intended to increase the quality of healthcare that are provided through early detection and accurate diagnosis, more options for less invasive treatment and reduction in hospital and rehabilitation costs.
Advanced medical technology are more focused on new and innovative medical devices, biotech, information technology, and healthcare services. It also refers to the duties and functions performed by clinical laboratory professionals. Their work involves a wide range of clinical applications of genetics, chemistry, immunohematology, hematology, microbiology, serology and urinalysis and other blood fluids analysis. These professionals are referred to as Medical Laboratory Scientists, Biomedical Scientists, Medical Technologists and Medical laboratory Technicians and Technologists.
Today, people have a lot to thank for because of the huge advancement in medical treatments. As a result of this progress, most people who could have died several years back because of their illness, are still alive and living normal lives. We must be thankful that God has given as the gifts of intelligence, creativity and insights. This progress means a lot to people.
Benefits of Advanced Medical Technology
- Doctors can now get objective information from technology instead of getting subjective information from patients’ reports. They can give a more precise diagnosis of any medical condition.
- More vaccines are developed to combat diseases that used to be fatal such as pneumonia and polio.
- There is less body invasion in diagnosing health conditions like cancer and heart ailments. Exploratory surgery has become a thing of the past.
- Defective organs can now be replaced through organ transplants.
- The ultrasound machine provides images of things inside the body like unborn babies This machine has proven that unborn babies has the right to live because they are living human beings inside the womb of their mothers.
- Cancer patients have more chances of a long life because of early detection through advanced medical technology.
- Sports injury that used to end careers for athletes are now a bump in the road.
Research laboratories are continuously finding new innovations so physicians can make more accurate and precise diagnosis. This precision can only be achieved by a combined knowledge of chemistry, medicine, fluid mechanics and an understanding of the intricate human body structure.